Friday, April 13, 2012

Yang Roe Mien Soup Lunch (Lamb Noodle Soup)

Had a team lunch today at one of the regular spots.  I don't know the name of the restaurant, but they specialize in lamp noodle soup.  The place is probably a 7min walk away from the office across the river.  A nice little joint with wooden tables and chairs.


Here's a pic of the menu.  The two items on the top right are lamb with pumpkin noodles and on the right are seaweed noodles.  Second row is regular noodles, lamb soup with rice, and I had the one on the second row on the very right: lamb with thin noodles in a "medicinal" broth.  Last row is... lol can't tell I think the middle is some kind of curry.  You can see the prices underneath. For price comparison, 120 is ~$4.  Jasmine and Pupu recommended the medicinal soup so I went with it because last time I had the seaweed noodles.


I sat with the design team (Pupu, Jasmine, Anni, and Anne).  They ordered a bunch of small appetizers.  Enoki noodles with a really yummy sauce, spicy duck blood, and a sesame seaweed/carrot salad.  It was all pretty good.  Though as I've probably mentioned before, I probably wouldn't ever go out of my way to order duck blood.  This one had a really light taste to it.  Almost tastes like nothing.

There's Pupu on the left and Anni on the right.  Sorry for the cut off faces!  Will get better pic another time

Here's my medicinal lamp soup.  Tasted pretty good though a little salty

Here's a pic of the open air "patio" at the front

View looking North over the river.
 If you zoom in on the image above you can see Taipei 101 in the distance behind the hill.  Anne also noticed a sign on the bridge.  Apparently this river is the divider between the New Taipei City District and the Taipei City District.  Our work and my apartment is in the Xindian, New Taipei City District.  I should mention that although the pics look a little dull, it was bright enough outside to be wearing sunglasses.  Temperature was probably close to 30 degrees.

Walking back to our office building


No comments:

Post a Comment