Friday, April 27, 2012

BBQ Lunch

It's Friday!  And the girls went out for lunch together again.  I'm not sure if it's the start of a Friday tradition or it's a tradition that's been going on for a while and I didn't realize it (cause I've only been back here for 4 Fridays).

This afternoon we went across the road to this lunch place specializing in BBQ meats.  I can't believe I haven't been to this place yet!  It's right beside a lot of the places I already go.  I think I never went in because everything inside is in Chinese and it feels more like a restaurant than a food cart which I'm used to ordering from.

Jasmine helped me pick what to eat.  Her and I both choose the Honey BBQ Chicken.  Unfortunately when we arrived at the cashier, it would appear that Irene (our co-worker) ate the last one!  Gah! So I opted for regular BBQ Duck which is always a favourite of mine, while Jasmine had the soy sauce based Chicken.

Lining up to order

mmmm... if you like asian style bbq meats.

Everyon's meals.  Mine on bottom middle is the BBQ duck, then Anni on bottom right had BBQ pork on rice, Theresa (food not pictured) had beef fried rice, Katy top right: BBQ duck, Irene top left: the last Honey BBQ Chicken, and Jasmine to the left with her Soy Sauce Chicken.

I think you get to pick you side dishes because there's maybe 6 different ones to choose from.  I didn't end up having a choice and I wasn't sure if the choice was made for me by Jasmine or not.

Really good value!  The meals fluxuate between $2.50 - $3.  Also comes with clam & ginger soup and sweet barley tea
As you can see, it's really good value and all the food was delicious considering the price.  I traded some of my duck away to get pieces of the soy chicken, bbq pork, and honey chicken so I got to try most people's food.  Everything was really good.  But I think I'm still a sucker for BBQ duck.  Maybe it's because I've been having chicken my whole life, so duck is something a little more "special" still for me.


Alright, to finish off this post I just wanted to snap the picture of the "pedestrian lane" taking up the middle of the road.  That line of umbrellas walked for at least 20-30 meters along the middle of the road while traffic was whizzing by them on both sides.  It looked pretty comical so Anni and I snapped a photo lol.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the barbeque duck. Oh YUMMY.

    Pretty scary looking pedestrian lane. Never heard of such a thing. I wonder if that would ever work in Vancouver?

    Mamasan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MMMM... Haha the pedestrian lane was something I made up. It's not real. However watching people walk along the middle of the road daily is not uncommon in this area. The reason is because there's a lot of people who work in my building complex, and all the food is on the other side of the road there. There is a pedestrian overpass (which we are using) but lots of people are lazy so they just walk across the road. If there is traffic coming from the far lane, they'll wait or walk along the center line. A bit dangerous!

      Delete