Friday, April 20, 2012

Where is the dog-$@&!! from?


Seriously??  This poster is posted all around the back of my apartment.  There's a little sitting area with grass/dirt and it's where the garbage bins are located.  We share a garbage area with 2 other apartmnets.  They're fairly nice buildings, and it makes me laugh to see this poster plastered everywhere.  These posters have been up since I moved in a few weeks ago, but I never bothered to read it (this happens with most things because usually I assume I can't understand anything so I don't even really both looking at text very much anymore and I really use image to help understand.  this is probably a bad habit).

But anyways I took a look at the poster yesterday and I couldn't believe what it said! haha.  It's striking because the written English grammar isn't that bad, yet they drop the s-bomb in there several times.

For those of you who can't zoom the image to read all of the English:

Top Right: Clean dog shits while walking dogs
Middle: Where is the dog-shit from?
Bottom: Remember to bring tools to clean dog-shits while walking dogs

lol...

6 comments:

  1. Pretty graphic and funny poster. I wonder if the message does get across too everyone.

    Mamasan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Well I mean I walk through that area all the time and I've never noticed any dog bombs on the ground.

      Delete
  2. Best Poster Ever! Makes me laugh every time I see it :) Thx Justin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha. you'll have the pleasure of seeing it daily when you walk me to work in the mornings ;P

      Delete
  3. Do you think it's just a translation "error"? Like them thinking that sh*t is a normally used word in English spoken places? Or is there a legit reason for it?!?! So wild!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's difficult to say! I'd have trouble believing that any translation program would translate "poo" into a swear word in another language. I've seen many signs like this before and they never had swear words on them. It's weird cause the grammar is really good on the rest of the poster (much better than usual) so it would appear that someone who has a decent grasp of the English language wrote it. Perhaps it's an unofficial poster from an irate tenant! Aside from this poster, there's actually a different poster also posted up. Only in chinese, and there's a photograph on it of someone taking a picture of a no dog poo sign. This sign looks home made on construction paper slipped into a plastic bag to keep it from wilting (not working well cause humidity gets stuck inside.

      Delete