Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hot day at the food court!

Beautiful and HOT day today!  Standing in the sun I'm pretty sure I could get a tan.  Must have been 25 in the sun.  Thankfully the AC was on in the office today.

Just so this post isn't so bland, here's a picture of the "food court" area across from my work building.  This is where I bought the gyoza, and sometimes I get fried rice or noodles or dumplings, soup, pork, buffet, etc.  I'll get better pictures another time.  It definitely feels really non-western and quite "local." It's fun to eat and I'm getting a bit bolder at ordering despite almost 0% english anywhere.

Our usual "50 basket" (wu shu lan) bubble tea place is just to the left.  Can't wait to take Eliza there!  They thankfully do have an english menu :)



3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to have a nice refreshing grapefruit tea.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! they have a mango icecream bubble tea as well. I tried it at 50 basket but I've had better at other places. Anne was telling me about some of those "mango with sprite ice" places around Taipei. When you arrive here we'll go hit some up!

    ReplyDelete