Sunday, May 6, 2012

Wooloomooloo - Internations.org

There's a website called Internations.org.  It's a type of social networking site focused on people living away from home.  There are chapters all over the world and I'd joined the Taipei one.  They hold a social event every month and Aprils event was at a really nice restaurant named Wooloomooloo on Xinyi Road close to Taipei 101.

Grabbed this off of the Internation s event page. I'm on the very right.
The event had about 60-70 people at the restaurant.  The event started at 7:30pm.  I was there at 7:30pm and there were maybe only 15 people when I got there.  I walked through the door at the same time as another Taiwanese looking girl and we sat at the two remaining spots at the table.  I found out her name was Raquel and that she had only just moved back to Taiwan the prior 2 weeks.  She'd spent her entire adult life growing up and working in London, England and now she was back in Taiwan for family reasons.  We ended up chatting for a while, and in addition to her being there, I also saw Damien, and met another halfer (German/Taiwanese) named Robert.  Also saw Jane (from the CKS Memorial park) and met a nice couple from Chicago.


The place is supposed to be well known for their food, so even though most people were just drinking, I was starving and went for the pizza.  It wasn't cheap by Taiwanese standards but this Spinach and Ricotta cheese pizza costed about $14.  I ate the whole thing.  It was delicious.  I'll be taking Eliza here when she comes out if she's jonesing for some good western food.  The place also had lots of pastas and muscles, soups, and an extensive collection of Australian wine.

There were so many people at this event (also saw another friend Jane) and I didn't get to talk to very many of them.  I'll most likely go to the next InterNations event as long as I don't have anything else scheduled.  My social agenda for May is starting to fill up!

6 comments:

  1. Great you are getting out to meet new friends. Pizza looks good also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah it was a good time! And so far I've been meeting so many people :)

      Delete
  2. LOL~niki and i just went to another wooloomooloo last saturday , but it was full~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woah nice! did you get to eat? Wooloomooloo on Xinyi Rd?

      Delete
    2. someone made a "block booking" that day~it's not on Xinyi Rd ,its in the area called Ming Shen community!

      Delete