Thursday, May 3, 2012

Good morning penguin


It was another 35C day the other morning.  The walk to work was a scorcher and I was pleasantly greeted by this unusual sidewalk display on my walk to work.  Pretty cute kits toys capped off by some scooters and a funny little penguin.

The scooters actually gave me the thought to buy a real scooter.  Could be a useful way to get to work a bit quicker in the morning.  However as I walked the rest of the route I was reminded that I'm in Taiwan and they have some of the MOST uneven sidewalk paving I've ever seen.  Not just the paving, but the sidewalk will literally rise 1 foot, then drop a food, then raise up a few inches with a ramp, then drop back down 2 feet with a cinder block for a step.  Probably not the safest scootering surface.  A bike would probably be the safer bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment