Thursday, May 10, 2012

Electricity Bill & 7-11

Paid the electricity bill for April.  Came to a whopping total of $9!  Pretty good!  And I don't feel like I've been skimping terribly on power.  I use the lights, laundry machine, TV, computer etc.  I do, however, turn the hot water tank on/off only when I really need it (shower in the morning).  I also usually use the AC at night.  All-in-all I'm happy with the $9 bill :)

Oh yah, and to pay the bill, I went to 7-11!  When you receive your electricity bill in the mail, it looks like a normal bill, except on the bottom are a handful of bar codes.  You then take that bill into 7-11, they scan the codes, and you pay the clerk and that's it!  Super convenience since the new 7-11 is right outside of our office door.  Not quite as convenient as online bill payment, but close enough, and it gets me off of my butt and away from the computer screen.

ps - I tried the passion fruit grapefruit fresh fruit drink today.  Really refreshing!  I normally find passion fruit to be really strong and sour, but this one had a light amount of the seeds and I found myself really enjoying it.  $1.30.

pps - Nice weather out today.  It was overcast and probably around 25 degrees.  It hasn't been humid lately so I can say that the weather has been quite good!

2 comments:

  1. Wish I had your $9 Hydro bill. Wish I could try all your yummy refreshing drinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Yah you can't beat $9! Today I tried the Passion Fruit Orange drink. It was good though a little bit sweet. Tasted a bit fake because I think the orange juice was perhaps from concentrate.

      Delete