Thursday, May 3, 2012

There's a new alien in town


It's official.  I'm an alien.  This card is called an Alien Resident Certificate‎ or ARC for short.  What is means is that I'm officially allowed to be in Taiwan with unlimited entry/exit until it expires.  Without this card, I would have to leave the country every 3 months without being guaranteed re-entry.  You also can't work officially without one.  When Eliza joins me in June she will also be receiving one of these.  I feel a bit more like I "belong" here and I'm not just some guy on vacation.

I've got to give all of the credit to my co-worker Theresa who set up ALL the paper work and made the whole process extremely smooth and easy.  I've heard that typically you have to go back and forth into government offices to sign paper work and verify legal documents etc.  I did have to provide material such as my University Degree, credentials, passport, marriage certificate, among a few other thing.  But the nice part was that once Theresa got a hold of these documents, she did everything for me and just handed me the card after a few weeks.

I'm in!

4 comments: