Thursday, May 3, 2012

Inside out burger


On Monday, Stanley treated everyone in the office to a Mos Burger lunch.  I believe Mos Burger is a Japanese  fast food franchise.  I took a look at the menu and there's lots of burgers that cater towards the asian crowd.  Two of the burgers in particular interested me because they substituted out the bun for either lettuce, or rice.  I've had the rice patty burger before and it's high-hao (so-so).  So this time I thought I'd try the lettuce burger.

I enjoyed this much more than the rice patty.  The lettuce is really fresh and crisp.  Your mouth doesn't dry out as much compared to eating a regular bun.  Although it's definitely much more difficult to hold.  This burger in particular has 3 deep fried shrimp inside.  Sort of like tempura except the outside is more like popcorn shrimp than tempura batter.  The tails are included :) crunchy goodness.

In addition to the burger, you can choose either fries, salad, or a piece of chicken.  I went for the chicken plus sweet black tea.  It's sort of like asian style lee-mon cha (lemon tea) that you can get from Cantonese restaurants.  It's a bit sweet for my taste but a great alternative to pop.  bon apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment