Thursday, June 28, 2012

Riverpath Bike

Bike/ pedestrian bridge over Xindian river.

Start of our Sunday afternoon bike ride

Here I am on my $1/hr rental bike smiling away

Despite the gloomy rain clouds, it stayed dry for awhile

Half way point.  Justin made me bike up this ramp to see this view.  Nice, but man my legs were burning.
But I'm still smiling :-)

The clouds are threatening.... 

Some local kite fliers doing so tricks.
 

A sad lonely toy plane abandoned on the river :-(
Somewhere along this path the Xindian river flows into the Dahan river

A flock of pigeons 

Sunday must be baseball day.  We must of past 8 to 10 games going on.
 We were looking for our friend Ali (who plays on a team)  with no luck.

We decided to take a break & get a refreshing bubble tea.  On this street they were selling anything you can image dried.
Fruit, mushrooms and of course all kinds of sea creatures.

We biked all the way to Dadaocheng Wharf 

Time to bike back.
20km and still smiling.


The bike path along the river was so nice and well taken care of.

I was able to grab the camera & take this beaut of a picture of Justin.

Almost back to where started & it started pouring rain


The rain lasted about 20 minutes but we were soaked

Back to where we started 40+ km later.
Man, my butt was sore.
All in all though it was a great afternoon with my husband 

2 comments: